About Mount Thom
Supreme Metals Corp. has entered into an agreement to acquire the Mount Thom copper-cobalt-gold deposit and surrounding project area. The Mount Thom property is believed to be an IOCG-type copper-cobalt-gold prospect located in central Nova Scotia, Canada, approximately 22 kilometres east of Truro. The project consists of 39 mineral claims over five contiguous licences and covers approximately 1,560 acres.
- IOCG-style deposit discovered by Imperial Oil in 1970s, only tested for copper.
- Levels of cobalt into the thousands of parts per million were later recognized in mineralized outcrop and rubble crop from the trenches with historical assays up to 0.57 per cent.
- Non-National Instrument 43-101-compliant historical resource of 300,000 tonnes of copper grading 1.5 per cent.
- Over 3,500 metres of existing drill core ready for immediate reassay, not yet tested for cobalt.
- Limited historic cobalt exploration conducted despite regional showings.
- Untested regional targets offering significant cobalt exploration potential.
- Infrastructure rich with both a highway and power line within the project.