About Bloom Lake East
The Bloom Lake East project is located in Newfoundland and Labrador and is situated alongside the Quebec-Labrador border. The project is prospective for both cobalt and iron mineralization and much of the tenure comprising the Bloom Lake East project part of which was held in past under licence by Rio Tinto Exploration Canada Inc. and Consolidated Thomson Iron Mines Ltd.
The Bloom Lake East project consists of 84 mineral claim cells covering three prospect areas hosting both cobalt and iron prospects. Although the area has been of primary interest for its iron ore, deposits of sulphides also occur in several places. Exposed cobaltite has been discovered immediately west of Bloom Lake at the Walsh cobalt prospect which contains high-grade historic grab samples of 6.0 per cent cobalt and 6.5 per cent cobalt, respectively.
- Immediately adjacent to the Bloom Lake mine.
- Cobalt showing identified at Bloom Lake East project near Green Lake.
- High-grade historic grab samples of 6.0 per cent and 6.5 per cent cobalt on neighbouring project
- Multiple iron showings hosted within Bloom Lake East project.
- Limited historic cobalt exploration conducted despite regional showings.